Thursday, August 14, 2008

Shopping

Many think I just fill my day up with stuff or am just busy doing things, but today, I didn't do much at home... I got up at 5:30, walked, then read scriptures and prayed - not quite on my own since the kids love to get up at 5:45am!
My darling MIL wanted to take me to Kohl's for the 60% off sale and her 30% with her card. I am not a shopper, but I realize it's a necessity, especially for kids shoes.... so today I was worn out spending the day shopping. My MIL is so fantastic to give up her time. She helped me.....
  1. shop for shoes, but ending up with shoes, undies and clothes
  2. have blood drawn after fasting for 15 hours!!
  3. return a pair of Nike shoes that were defective - I didn't have a receipt, but they still credited me since they had it on their 'system' - don't you love technology in those situations? She spent 20 min. in Dillards while the kids slept in the car and I munched on Chex snacks..
  4. ate at In'n'Out drive through
  5. return a belt to Marshalls!
How many of you have a MIL who is that fantastic?! She gave up her entire day - almost - just because she loves me! I am grateful for mothers-in-laws ♥

Joseph holding on tight to his new shoes - but zonked out.
I also went to the enrichment on snacks till 9pm, watched some Olympics - which is very heated in our aussie/american home - and had a late night chat with my tween. I love my life.

2 comments:

marjorie said...

Dear Daughter, we did have fun! Thanks for the sweet summary of our day. The photo of Joseph was darling. Love you, MIL

steele's said...

I agree, you do have a great life. I haven't read your blog for a week and it was great to see what you've been doing--so lucky to be there with family. It's been fun watching the olympics, huh? We have that whole competitive thing going on here too--Russia/America. I loved it that Nastia was a Russian-American, that helped. I love your updating. I'll update mine soon. I miss and love you!