The car had to go in for an oil change, which made me think: do we oil and lube ourselves on a monthly basis? I guess I mean do we replenish and check vitals on a regular basis? Now that could mean spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally..... but do we put in good stuff and take the old rancid, detrimental ka-ka? As women, we are 'oil and lubed' at least once a year physically, but do we do the same for ourselves in other areas? I think we all have a friend who helps us out emotionally, but venting doesn't always cut it..... so here's my way of 'oil and lubing':
- Mentally, I love helping kids with homework. This not only allows me to help, but also reviews old material and keeps me updated on the latest 'school topics/techniques'.
- Physically, I enjoy an exercise routine - walking, yoga, strength training, body sculpting, whatever you enjoy!
- Emotionally, I think praying to my Heavenly Father is more constructive since He can not only help me, but He listens without judging me.... and knows what's best for me.
- Spiritually, well this goes back to prayer, but going to church, the temple.... just mainly SERVING OTHERS!
This is Darlene at the repair shop.
She's always helpful and so friendly!
No comments:
Post a Comment