
Boys learning to make rope.
Just like family, every piece of rope is brought together to make it stronger... all the boys except Joseph and Samuel helped make this piece of rope. After this activity, we went to the Blacksmith where Ammon was given a handmade horse shoe. We then walked down the Trail of Tears, where the pioneers walked right before they crossed the Mississippi to Salt Lake. It was amazing to read of what some went through....
The ox on the right is named Gary....stubborn as other Gary's we know....
We drove back through Carthage today. It was amazing to see the jail where Joseph Smith spent his last few hours. The gunshot hole was still in the door... the jail cell was very dark and dingy.








2 comments:
Oh, Sue! Seeing these pictures makes me miss you so much! We had so much fun with all of you here! Doesn't it just seem like you're supposed to be right here? :) I'm glad you had a good time while visiting us. I'm sure you've now heard the news of Kanon, Jenny and Brian's baby. I'll be flying in Thursday afternoon and Mike will be in Friday morning. I hope I'll see you at the funeral, if not before. I love you. Give your kids kisses!!
Sue I did not know you had a blog. I don't know how i got here but I am happy to read all about it. As I was reading I could hear your accent. Your trip looked like fun. I hope to go next year with our fam.
Post a Comment