Monday, July 28, 2008

Manic Monday....

This was Sariah at 4 years old................

This is Sariah at 13.......

Summer fun is coming to an end....the kids are excited and erratic but I have mixed emotions. With the end of a season, comes renewal and growth... Sariah spent this week catching up on 'friend days'. She went shopping and swimming and finally got her braces. I don't have a pic yet, but will post one soon. I needed to put in a few choice words about our princess.....
A few weeks ago she said something that I knew I had to write down before I forgot. The background: many people say that she is as beautiful as her mom. No offense, but I know she's drop dead gorgeous and well, I'm not there - don't think I was even - so when she says that she dislikes hearing that, it isn't because she doesn't think I'm pretty, just because she wants her own identity (teenage times, right?) and wants to be known for herself not as her mother's daughter. So, couple of weeks ago she said that she had a nightmare and couldn't sleep, so she thought she needs to think of something lovely,virtuous and beautiful.... so she thought of me! This may not be a huge deal to anyone else, but to have your daughter say that thinking of you helped her get through the night, is a big deal to me. She's such an angel, so precious and thoughtful.... sometimes I feel that she was sent here to take care of me and not the other way around. Her beauty and talents are more than what is seen on the outside. She has a great heart and such a giving spirit.... she is such an inspiration to me. I love her with all my heart and don't know how I could have come this far without her as my princess.. ♥

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I love Sariah. She is so sweet. I am glad I get to be her advisor in YW. She is a beautiful girl. Glad you have a blog and invited me--I had no idea you had one. Thanks

marjorie said...

Dearest Sue, Love you sooooo much. Thank you for your sincere and gracious comments that you always give to me. I love you,too. We enjoyed your pictures and allthe fun comments. Wow! The song of the How can I be like Nephi was really great. I'love to send it to all my friends. I'll be checking you out all the time. XOXO MomS

steele's said...

Okay. That made me cry. It's not fair that you are living so far away. When are you just going to take the leap and join us? I think you might even be closer to your family in Australia if you moved to Missouri, right? I love you all and miss you tons!

steele's said...

I scrolled down and read everything new--I'm so glad you're updating and taking pics! It helps me to see what you are all up to and what you're doing as I family. I miss it all, but I'm still glad to see it--know what I mean? Keep it coming! Love you.