Friday, June 27, 2008

Missouri Friday

Today we went to Jamesport - the Amish community - and bought lots of cute things, like candles, candy, home-made bread but we missed the fruit/veggie auction. Jacob and Nephi got to help out for some money, but Nephi lost his dollar bill holding it against the open window :(

Jacob and Nephi got paid $1 each to load these bags at the auction.
The kids in front of the horse and buggy.

We then went to Adam-ondi Ahman with the kids - what a spiritual high. I think the children enjoyed it as much as I did. They enjoyed the trails to Preacher's Rock, but it was so humid and sticky - the kids couldn't wait to get back to the car!
Standing on the 'altar rocks' at Adam-ondi Ahman.

Sitting on Preacher's Rock.

On the way back, we got to see the new church in Gallatin! It was amazing! So huge! Even the pews in the chapel went so far back, it was amazing...... truly inspired for some day when it will be filled....
The kids helped move chairs from the annex into the new building. Called to serve thee.....

1 comment:

steele's said...

I'm glad you're putting these pics on! I can see you're going to have to do it in segments. How will you remember it all? We miss you so much! Reading Sariah's comment on our blog just made me want to have you all back here. It was too short of a trip! My Mom even had a hard time when you left--we ALL miss your family! I love you--Colette